Website of Met Éireann – contact us
Met Éireann respects your right to privacy. Any personal information which you volunteer on this website will be treated with appropriate standards of security and confidentiality and in accordance with the Data Protection Acts, 1988 & 2003. If you volunteer personal information in an e-mail or as an e-mail address in the form of an enquiry or comment the data will not be made available to any third party and will be used solely for the purpose for which it was intended.
Our Internet Service Provider collects technical details of site visits
- the IP address of the visitor’s web client
- the top-level domain name used (for example .ie, .com, .org, .net)
- the previous website address from which the visitor reached us, including
search terms used
- clickstream data which shows the traffic of visitors around this web
example pages accessed and documents downloaded)
- the type of web browser used by the website visitor.
This information is for statistical purposes only and none of it will be used to identify individual site visitors unless required to do so by law.
In addition to the cookies set by Google the following anonymous cookies are also set by the site:
- A language preference cookie to let us know if you prefer to view the site through Irish or English
- A county preference cookie to allow us to show forecast data for your area
- A cookie to let us know if you wish to view the desktop or mobile version of the website
None of these cookies store any personal information and are only used to provide users with an improved user experience.
If, after supplying personal information, you require a copy of it or you wish to discuss, correct or delete it, you may write (including the personal details supplied via the website) to Head of Business Continuity Management and Digital Communications, Met Éireann, Glasnevin Hill, Dublin 9.