Visit WOW-IE : Met Éireann's Weather Observations Website
WOW-IE is the new Weather Observations Website of Met Éireann and is part of the global WOW network of crowdsourced weather observations.
The observations come from privately-owned weather stations, Met Éireann’s stations and many National Meteorological Services around the world. This is a platform which collates weather observation information from these private and official sources and shares it online, available on desktop and with a mobile-friendly version.
The icons on the map on wow.met.ie represent a reading from each weather stations – click them to view the latest weather observation from that station!
- WOW-IE is a free online services allows anyone with an interest in weather to view real-time values of temperature, rainfall, pressure, wind speed and more.
- WOW-IE is for everyone who has an interest in weather or climate – farmers, businesses, environmentalists, teachers and schoolchildren.
- It is also a weather and climate education and data comparison tool and the data is freely available to download. You can view historic weather observations on the WOW-IE map, on a graph or a table.
- On WOW-IE you can even view the half-hour observations from Met Éireann weather stations – this is only available on WOW!
WOW is an international partnership involving National Meteorological Services from all over the world. Originally set up by the United Kingdom Met Office, its partners now include Ireland, Belgium, the Netherlands, Sweden, Australia and New Zealand, so it is possible to view and share weather data from locations all over the world!
Do you own a weather station?
Members of the public who have private weather stations can now share the weather observations on WOW-IE !
Currently there are about 100 Irish stations uploading weather observations to WOW coming from Met Éireann’s Automatic Weather Stations (AWS), our new Automatic Climate Stations (ACS) and private weather stations. By sharing your weather station data you will help to improve the Irish weather observing network and help Met Éireann forecasters to get more information on real-time* weather around Ireland.
Visit wow.met.ie for more information.
* Met Éireann does not correct or review WOW data, hence incorrect values or missing data may occur, even from official stations.