Met Éireann, the Irish National Meteorological Service, is a line division of the Department of the Environment, Community and Local Government. It is the leading provider of weather information and related services for Ireland.
Our Mission Statement
Our mission is to monitor, analyse and predict Ireland's weather and climate,
and to provide a range of high quality meteorological and related information
to our customers.
This mission statement implies that we, as the National Meteorological
- help to ensure the protection and safety of life and property by
issuing public weather forecasts and warnings.
- contribute effectively to national prosperity and to Government objectives
by supplying relevant meteorological services to all sectors of the economy.
- ensure customer satisfaction by continually improving the range and quality
of our forecasts, the cost-effectiveness of our operations and our overall
standard of service.
- foster a professional and supportive work environment which attracts, retains
and develops committed employees.
- ensure the maintenance of a high-quality and cost-effective meteorological
infrastructure, consistent with national requirements and resources.
- meet the State's obligations to provide meteorological services to the Aviation
- enhance the quality of our climatological archives and provide easy and
effective access to our databases.
- participate in the on-going development of meteorological science and its
applications in collaboration with our European partners and with the wider
- contribute to the effective monitoring and good management of the natural